Friday, September 12, 2008

3 years and still going!

Well, I'm a loser. This blog is a few weeks late partially due to the fact that I couldn't find old wedding photos to put on here, been busy, and really just plain lazy. But tada! Here it is without the "memory lane" photos I wanted on here. :( *sigh*



On September 10th it was Larry's and my 3rd anniversary! I can't believe how fast everything seems to go by and at the same time I feel like we've been together for our whole lives. It's hard to remember what life was like without Larry around. I would never wish to go back to that, even if my life depended on it. He is the love of my life, my bestfriend whom knows me better than anyone else, and my comforter. I'm so blessed to have him in my life and am grateful to his family for the man they helped make him today.





For our anniversary, we started our day by dropping Edana off at our Aunt Michelle's house where she had a ball playing hard all day and off we went to be just the two of us. We first headed to Chuck-E-Cheese where we went to basically waste time til our movie started. We stayed clear far away from the creepy animatronic of Chucky himself and enjoyed playing silly games for small amounts of tickets. The prizes we got were kind of crappy (since it's a monopoly there. Everything has a Chucky stamped to the bottom of it) but it was still fun to play around like silly kids again.





We then went to Mummy 3 and had the whole theater to ourselves! I guess maybe that should have been a hint to us of how the movie was, but we didn't care. It was fun to be as loud as we wanted and make silly comments throughout the show.




Next we headed to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. No, not to see the animals, but ride the skylift! For all of the hundreds of times we've gone to the zoo, this was the only thing we hadn't seen since Edana was always with us! When we got to the top we had the most amazing view of Colorado Springs, climbed a rock wall they had set up and enjoyed mint-chocolate icecream. Yummm. My fav.






The swing set was where we ended up next (after hitting a candy store on the way there) and Larry showed me his smooth moves on the swing. It was disheartening to findout that we couldn't spin on the swings like we did when we were kids. Apparently the first thing to go is a strong stomach when you age.

















To end the night, we dined at Applebee's and exchanged our $3 gifts: a pumpkin carving kit, a 'tradition' bracelet, a card game called "gross out" and the movie "So I married an Axe Murder" which of course led us into singing "Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary". I think the people at Applebee's were done with us by that point. It was an awesome way to celebrate a whole three years!

It really was an amazing week that we had and kept wishing that we had all of you along with us. Maybe this could be an incentive for all of you to come see us?? *wink wink* nudge nudge*


























1 comment:

Mily said...

It sounded like you guys had such a fun Anniversary. Larry, that is such an awesome picture of you jumping off the swing!!!! And 3$ gifts are so awesome and the best until you get to 4$ gifts. :)