Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Friend photo shoot and Family photo shoot

I have been needing to write this blog for awhile. I decided to combine two photo shoots as of recent.

The first was with one of my best friends, Rachel.
We had realized that despite our year + of friendship, we didn't have any pictures of us together.

We had the talented Laurie Morrill take these for us at one of the coolest places I think I have seen.

I loved being here having one of my last colorado springs moments with my dear friend.



If I could sum up Rachel's and my friendship in one word it would be: honest. I have never felt like I had to be something else around Rachel. She has always accepted me for who I am, the good and bad. Honesty is one of Rachel's many glimmering attributes. I don't think she has a dishonest bone in her little body. She has always been honest with anything I have needed to hear, like my video game addictions, sending me conference talks that are exactly what I'm going through and even bringing me to realize the importance of my relationship with my children.





Though Rachel may be younger than me, I look up to her so much. In such a way that I could even put it as, "When I grow up, I want to be like Rachel."




She is spectacular in every sense of the word.






I have become a better person, daughter of God, mother and friend by knowing Rachel.






She has encouraged and been the greatest example to me with honesty.


I cherish these kinds of friendships that I have been so blessed to find. Ones where I am loved, despite my weakness. My crazy thoughts are accounted for, even when they consist of fears of animals, worries of not running far enough, or even the occasional thoughts on zombies. ;) Thankyou Rachel, for being ones of these honest and supportive friends.



After this photo shoot, the awesome artwork kept running through my mind. So when Larry asked where we should have our family pictures taken I knew just the place...

What I totally love is that now I have two fun memories of this random graffitied shed.






One with Rachel and me, on a beautiful windy day...

...and the other with my little family, on a cold rainy day. The best part about this next photo shoot? (aside from the fact that we are doing something fun as a family) We got to see a guy walking around half naked in the cold rain...and half naked from the waist down rather than the waist up. At least his priorities were straight.

Thank goodness he didn't decide to creep into our pics.




I never could understand what people meant when they said, "I've learned so much from my kids", until Larry and I had some of our own.


We have some of the most sweetest, daring, happy, intelligent, crazy and at times tiring, screaming and occasionally annoying kids on this whole planet. Whether I'm in bed trying to sleep, upset and trying hard to be in a bad mood, or going to the loo I have one of these funny little creatures glued to my side.


What an ironic cycle life really is. I remember my exasperated mom threatening me, "I hope one day you have a child just like you!" Who knew that it would be two rather than just one kid?



In all seriousness I have learned alot from my kids. Edana is quick to remind me to say "I'm sorry" when I have done something wrong and she will make sure to even check up on me, that I have done my apologies and feel better after. She has taught me what the pure love and faith in Christ and Heavenly Father is. So many prayers have been said for safety from wolves, upset tummies and most recent, a new toothbrush because the other fell in the toilet. She has so much faith and knows that Heavenly Father can hear her.

And watching how quickly Eddie can learn how to chew, play, talk, crawl and trust others is a very humbling thing to witness.

And to wake up every morning to my handsome Larry
and snuggle up on the couch to watch our favorite show is my most favorite moments that I have in this life. It may not be exciting but it's his and my moment.Well, enough of my tangents. Enjoy the pics.











And just to end our photo shoot...a lovely shot of one of Edana's many faces. Where she got the awesome ability to contort her face into so many emotions?



I have no idea.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I love these pictures! You're right, the shed is awesome. It's great to have friends and family that are always there for you. What do you mean "one of the last Colorado Springs moments"?

Abby O! said...

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love them! :D

Nana Jones said...

I get to see you,TODAY!!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness Jen! You can tell you've been running again! Phew! You look awesome =). I'm SOO excited to see you next week!!!!!! I LOVED your family pictures. They're so fantastic! Eddie and Edana are cuter than ever. And, I'm super impressed with Larry's "hops" in the jumping picture. You guys look wonderful.

AND, you are too kind to me. Thank you for the wonderfully sweet comments. I love you!

Mily said...

I love all the pictures of you and Rachel and your cute family! Where is this great graffiti place? :)

Mily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.