- Gu is still the top gag-inducing product one can take for supplements on runs (yes, this is a comparison to the jelly beans, gel balls, and power bars)
- Orange slices are literally little slices of heaven
- Peeing in the brush really doesn't cover anything. (at that point I really didn't even care)
- running backwards intimidates those behind you, even if you reassure them it makes the knees feel better
- You can scream out any random word and people will cheer along with you
- wrapping a knee that already hurts will do nothing
- 26.2 miles is a LONG way
I am so overwhelmingly grateful that I was able to do this. That despite my pride, my Heavenly Father answered my prayer and sent me a little running buddy (thankyou Neshelle, wherever you are!). I am so lucky for all of the love and support of my family. I can't believe that they would drive all the way to St. George to cheer me on. It meant so much to me and I probably really didn't convey that, that day. I love you, my family. Look at all of the beautiful people that came to cheer me on.
Thankyou also to everyone that wanted to be there but couldn't. I am so grateful for just how many people were cheering me on. Thankyou so much for your support and love.
And thankyou, Papa Jones.