Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the season...










I've been finding myself saying this alot. "Tis the season!" I exclaim, as yet another child passes by me with a cough and runny nose. "Tis the season" yours dearly chuckles as screams for "I want that!" are heard down every toy aisle. "Tis the season" I wearily think as I write out my To Do Lists or take a glance around church at all the tired faces of hard working/ overdone moms.
Really, this line of "Tis the season" is befitting for almost anything you encounter this time of year. Despite the times of weariness or feeling completely rushed, I love it. I know it's all completely commercialized, but hey..."Tis the season"....
Here are some of the Eyrings, "Tis the season":






Baking cookies for friends; new and old.
Pretzel rods also for the above.
Larry trying out different flavors for these said pretzel rods.
This year: butterscotch. What a beautiful man he is.
The trying desperately hard to run off all the extra pretzel sticks consumed.
Dressing up our child in clothes akin to something from a "Christmas Story".


















...And I was going to add fun pictures taken of our "Tis the season" of running 5k and going to the "Winter Wildland" at the zoo, but alas I think either an Edana played with the camera messed with the camera and erased it all, or there was a confusion on the parentals part if the pictures were already loaded or not. :( I even posed with a mascot of the Grinch and everything!! ...sigh....

Ahhhh...tis the season.....










2 comments:

Scanlon Family said...

Your pretzles turned out beautiful-I wish the same could be said about mine. For future reference, if you add food coloring and extract to melted white chocolate, it suddenly gains the texture of frosting and can no longer be 'drizzled.' And if you keep trying to melt it more-it will burn. Oh, and if you add anything to thin it-scawy! :) Sorry I had to vent, Jason didn't understand why I was so frustrated, but everything I've made for others to taste, besides just our little family, has turned out wrong. It's starting to get to me-I used to be a good cook. Anyway, I love your blog and thanks for the elves!

Ruth Worthington said...

Jen - you are awesome! The goodies were sooo good, they did not last long! Thank you! I need to tell myself "tis the season" more often, I think it would help :). I love your photos (as always).